- The Library and Research Center is free and open to the public. Researchers under the age of 16 should be accompanied by an adult.
- The Library and Research Center is wheelchair accessible.
- Materials cannot be checked out.
- No appointment is necessary for the Library, Archives and Photographs collections.
- Appointments are required for the Media and Objects collections.
- Hours and how to get here
What to Expect
- On your first visit, you will need to present photo identification, fill out a registration card, and agree to follow the Procedures for use of the Library and Archives.
- Staff can suggest research strategies and help you locate materials.
- This is a closed-stacks library; staff will bring materials to you in the Reading Room.
- Backpacks, purses and bags are not permitted in the Reading Room; free lockers are available in the lobby to store these items.
- You may bring in a laptop. Tables have electrical outlets, but no wireless Internet.
- Staff will make photocopies for you.
Other research options